java script is required for this page

About Foreign Service Institute

The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) was established in 1986 by the Government of India primarily to cater to the professional training needs of the Indian Foreign Service and the Ministry of External Affairs. FSI has diversified its activities to include courses for foreign diplomats in its efforts at building bridges of friendship and cooperation with countries around the world, as well as other Indian government services.  In 2007, FSI moved to its present location at Baba Gangnath Marg, Old JNU Campus, New Delhi.

Though the Foreign Service Institute started functioning in 1986, the training of Indian Foreign Service officers began with an October 1946 Cabinet decision which stated that “The special knowledge and the professional skill required of a diplomat can only be acquired through careful training. ...........

Courses from June 2016-December 2016

Mann Ki Baat
Income Tax

Dean's Profile


Stay Connected with Us

  • Twitter : External website that opens in a new window